with at least one peculiarity:
Even in the Triangle area, many clients have private well water service. We offer well pump and water testing to reduce the risk of water-borne illnesses and well pump failure. Here’s what we do, on-site, during the home inspection:
- Run the pump for 90-120 minutes. We locate a safe place to disperse water away from the home and run a hose to that location. It continues running for the duration of the testing period.
- Test the water pressure 3-4 times. We report this pressure in gallons per minute (GPM).
- Watch the pump switch cycle on and off. We time this cycle and monitor for slow-cycling or constant re-cycling.
- Inspect the well tank. We look for corrosion, damage, and leaks.
- Inspect the well head. Here, we are looking for cracks and damage. Groundwater is not to enter the well head area.
- Take a water sample at the kitchen sink and analyze it. Water samples must either be refrigerated or delivered to the lab within four hours. Results take 4-5 business days.
Once the results come in, we process them into an easy-to-read, straightforward format to help our clients know and take those next steps with their well water.